At the moment, I’m trying to drop some weight, but working in an office temptation is constant – what with the overflowing biscuit jar and vending machine.
It’s even harder when you’re prepping for a competition and are suffering through days on end of low carbs, but there are a few tricks you can utilise to kick cravings and hunger pangs…
Herbal teas are a Godsend to me – they are calorie free, 100% natural and come in an innumerable amount of flavours.
I thought I’d tell you about my current fave from Pukka…
Pukka currently have 40 different blends of herbal tea available, all of which are 100% organic, and I’m currently supping on Ginseng Matcha Green (£2.79 for 20 teabags)*.
This is a zingy blend of green tea, lemongrass, ginger, red ginseng, lemon tulsi and matcha powder, which makes for a fresh, slightly green tasting brew that will give you a spring in your step thanks to its natural caffeine content.
I’m not a massive fan of green tea, as I something think it tastes too grassy, but this is a lightly flavoured lemony and zesty tea.
The health benefits of these ingredients are fantastic too:
- Green tea is a packed with antioxidants and has also been proven to increase fat burning and boost the body’s metabolic rate. Studies have also found it can reduce your risk of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes, and help improve brain function
- Lemongrass can help relieve coughs and nasal congestion, lower cholesterol and even ease the discomfort of a headache. It’s also a great source of vitamins C and B. Plus it’s packed with minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium, which are all needed for the body to function properly.
- Ginger is a powerful anti-inflamatory and is also great at easing digestive problems such as trapped wind, cramps and sickness.
- Red ginseng is a variant of ginseng, like all forms of this plant it’s a natural energy booster. It can also help menopausal women as it promotes the production of the hormone estrogen, therefore easing the symptoms women may suffer while going through the menopause.
- Lemon tulsi can help ease a fever and lower levels of cortisol, the body’s stress hormone, which is why it’s sometimes used to help treat people trying to quit smoking. It’s a great detoxifier too.
- Matcha is jam-packed with antioxidants and has all the health benefits of the ingredients above.
What’s great about this tea, therefore, is not only that it helps stop my cravings and gives me a bit of an energy boost, but I know it’s doing me good too.
Well worth trying I think, and investigating some of the other delicious, health-boosting blends Pukka has on offer.
Until next time, stay happy and healthy…